Common Causes of Weld Breakage in Band Saw Blades
Weld breakage is generally thought of as a manufacturer problem, but there are many instances where the problem may be avoided with a simple adjustment to your bandsaw. Although many cases are unique, the following list of problems are the most common.
- Tension too high.
- Wheel diameter too small.
- Blade rubbing against wheel flange.
- Guides worn, or frozen in place.
- Feed rate too heavy .
- Chips stuck in guides.
- Feed system not working correctly.
- Internal stress pinching blade.